Rose Apple Tart
Stuffed Potato Balls (Rellenos de Papa) - Quick version
Rellenos de Papa, along with codfish fritters have been a longtime favorite of mine, this recipe in particular uses instant potato mix. Are you ready? Let’s go.
What you need:
- 4 cups of instant mashed potato mix
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Sazón packet, optional
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch (for dusting potato balls)
- 1 pound of cooked ground beef or chicken (seasoned to taste)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- Oil for frying
- Pour water into a pot, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, Sazón packet and milk. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add slightly beaten egg into the mixture and mix well.
- Add potato flakes and fold in the flakes (the mixture should be thick and dry.) Let the potatoes cool down.
- Sprinkle corn starch into hand and spread the potato mixture onto hand, slightly push down in the middle to make a well, but don’t go all the way.
- Place a tablespoon of cooked and seasoned ground beef into the well, and carefully fold the side over the meat until the ball is completely seal.
- Roll the ball into corn starch to complete seal.
- Fry over medium heat, until golden. Enjoy!
Someone make this for me, I’ll promo you.
Insanity Post-workout meal! Corn Tortilla with grilled chicken, enchilada sauce, veggies and beans slowly baked in an iron skillet. #food #insanity #insanitylifestyle #postworkout #foodporn #dinner by @dugzician77
A lovely bowl of fruit paired with a warm, homemade almond milk latte makes for an excellent breakfast! (Taken with Instagram)